CAMP HILL, Pa. (July 18, 2023) — Keeping a bright smile doesn’t have to be a challenge, even when enjoying delicious summer treats. United Concordia Dental offers these tips to help prevent teeth staining and preserve those pearly whites:
- Swish with water after consuming sweets or acids to help wash away any remaining sugars and acids that could lead to tooth damage and discoloration.
- Brush with baking soda once a week to help remove surface stains and restore your teeth's natural whiteness. But beware — brushing with baking soda too frequently can damage tooth enamel, so moderation is key.
- Eat crunchy fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots and celery. Their inherent abrasiveness can aid in the removal of plaque and surface stains.
- Chew sugar-free gum after meals to promote saliva production, which helps neutralize acids and wash away food particles.
- Maintain a regular dental hygiene routine like brushing your teeth and flossing at least twice daily. This regimen works to reduce plaque buildup and to keep your teeth's natural radiance.
“Embracing remedies, such as these, to maintain teeth brightness not only helps us achieve a confident smile, but also promotes overall well-being,” said Anthony Warren, DDS, dental director, United Concordia Dental. “Simple preventive practices can benefit our teeth by proactively protecting them from staining and support our whole-body health.”
Additionally, remember to keep your summer worry-free by prioritizing your dental health and scheduling a general cleaning before your vacation.
For more oral health tips, visit the Oral Health Resources section at UnitedConcordia.com.
United Concordia Dental